Saturday, October 1, 2011

rebuilding - slowly...

Okay folks, I have begun the slow trek back to my former stockpiling glory... This week I added 4 cans of butterball chicken broth, two cans of Campbell's Chunky Soup, 12 rolls of Cottonelle toilet paper, and a tube of Crest toothpaste to my stockpile. Of course I also raided my stockpile to make a donation to the Christine Ann Domestic Abuse Center in Oshkosh for Kappa Delta Pi, but those ladies need it more than my stockpile does anyway...


I am also pretty proud of the storage area I put together to store my stockpiled items. The space underneath the stairway has always been a catch all for wrapping paper, extra chairs, the table leaf, etc. Well I think it's been a good year since we took out the table leaf, or put away the extra chairs, so the space could be put to better use. I took a bunch of the wire grids I bought this summer at a rummage sale, and started assembling cubes. I figure I will use the cubes for things like laundry detergent, maybe some extra soda (like there is ever extra soda here! LOL), and then use the floor to pile the larger items like paper towels and toilet paper.


You'll notice the room is fairly empty... The food product stockpile is currently still housed in the pantry, as it isn't that big yet, the personal care items like soap and toothpaste are in the guest bathroom (with the HUGE drawers and cupboards...), and I just opened my last extra bottle of laundry detergent.... I told you I fell off the horse...

So, what are YOU stockpiling? I would love to hear how you are storing all your extra loot! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment